Scheduling Your Consultation
Are you ready to find out if the KAMRA inlay can restore your blurry vision due to presbyopia? The first essential step is to Find-A-Doctor near you and schedule a consultation. During this first appointment, the doctor will conduct a thorough examination of your eyes and make sure you are a candidate for the procedure. In addition, the doctor will ask you a series of questions about your medical history, general health, lifestyle, and vision goals. The doctor will use all of this information to recommend treatment options for your specific needs.
Preparing for Your First Appointment
Once your doctor confirms you are a good candidate for the KAMRA inlay, he or she will explain the procedure and be ready to answer your questions. Use this opportunity to gather all the information you need to make the right decision for you. Several days before your appointment, write down the questions you want answered. Discuss your upcoming appointment with your spouse or other loved ones to see if they have questions as well. Bring the list of questions with you to your appointment. Be ready to take notes as you discuss the options with your doctor and the practice staff.
Examples of questions to consider are:
- What is presbyopia and how is it affecting my vision?
- How does does the KAMRA inlay compare to other solutions for near vision loss?
- What happens during the KAMRA inlay procedure?
- When will I start to receive visual improvements after the KAMRA inlay procedure?
- What are the possible risks, side effects, and compromises with the KAMRA inlay? How do these compare to other treatment options?
- After I receive the KAMRA inlay procedure, will I ever need to wear reading glasses again?